About the job
As a Data Analyst, you will assist in the implementation and testing of a variety of key business processes and ongoing support. As well as working on Financial reporting, you will also be performing analysis on huge data sets to improve our abilities around customer scoring, customer interaction, and product development.
- Technical delivery – to prioritise, schedule and deliver a quality service for the various supported services and systems following the submission by our business users.
- Production process management – ensuring that all processes are carried out effectively – paying particular attention to those that directly impact the service to the business.
- Build knowledge of the data held and its structure, as well as the systems in which it is held.
- Timely delivery of regular and ad hoc reports.
- Liaise with teams around the Business and Operations teams to establish new processes and deliver these efficiently and accurately.
- Design, provide support and execute test plans for new products and data applications
- Develop ways to enhance our data quality checks.
- Identifying data efficiencies and optimisation.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Ensure that all communication is clear and appropriate for its intended audience.
- Able to communicate with employees of all levels including senior management.
- Good (written and verbal) communication skills, to be able to articulate complex information in a way that’s clear for non technical people to understand.
- Focus on providing solutions to problems.
- Continually look for ways to improve the service being provided.
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and make suggestions for improvement.
- Be willing to voice an opinion on all matters whilst being receptive to feedback.
Take a proactive lead in creating a supportive team environment.
Readily be available to help support the team.
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks.
- Able to manage workload correctly with little supervision.
Experience And Qualifications Required
- Graduate level with a numerical, scientific or IT background.
- Experience with an analytical software package (SAS, Microstrategy and Informatica skills preferred but not essential) and a keen interest in analysis and programming.
- Proficient in SQL/ Teradata and Data Warehouse environments is desirable.
- Ability to present findings to a non-technical audience.
- Good understanding of database structures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and creatively approach situations.
- Flexible approach, highly motivated and willing to contribute to areas outside direct responsibilities.
Location: we will be considering remote working with a few times per month at the office.
Salary, Benefits And Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it’s one of the reasons we’re voted no. 1 in the 2019 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here; https://admiraljobs.co.uk/employee-benefits/.
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.