About the job
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
- To Support The Increase In The Number Of Disabled People Taking Part In Football For Fun And Competition In Schools, Clubs And The Community As Part Of The Wider Football Development Team
Work with football development programmes team to enhance the school curricular, extra-curricular and competition offer for pupils with SEND
- Support the development and roll out of recreational programmes across the disability football pathway
- Support the recovery and growth of affiliated disability football following the Covid-19 pandemic through coordinated work with the
- County FA and England Accredited club networks
- Provide disability football related guidance and support to the network of County FA development staff
Football in Schools
Provide disability football knowledge to support the creation of curricular and extra-curricular football offers for disabled boys and girls in partnership with the football development programmes team.
Work with the football development programmes team to support the creation of a new pilot disability football competition format as part of School Games.
Work collaboratively with the football development programmes team to support the design and delivery of a new boys / mixed pan-disability For Fun programme to align with existing girls’ provision.
Work with County FA and wider delivery networks to gather feedback on FA technology systems and process across recreational football to influence their future optimisation for the disability football pathway.
Work in a player centred way ensuring all programmes and associated technology solutions align to the needs and wants of the participants.
Affiliated Football in Clubs & Leagues
Work collaboratively with the clubs & leagues services team to provide support services to the network of National Impairment Specific Leagues.
Conduct initial research to help inform the design and delivery of a club focused disability awareness programme with associated training and resources.
- Provide disability football related guidance and support to the network of County FA football development staff.
- Provide disability football knowledge to support the creation of appropriate disability football learning offers for new and existing coaches working with disabled players.
Support the data collection of disability football measures to aid the monitoring and identification of trends across the pathway including areas of high and low participation.
Identify and promote best practice case studies in partnership with all relevant County FA and FA Departments and Divisions.
Executes additional tasks as required to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Interest and passion for disability football
- Knowledge of disability sport strategy and participation
- Knowledge of education, recreational, club, league, and competition landscapes for football and disability football
- Knowledge of the different disability football formats
- Experience of shaping and delivering sports participation programmes targeting disabled people
- Commitment to sports equality and knowledge of barriers facing under-represented groups
- Experience of working on projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Budget/Resource Management
- Excellent planning, administration and report writing skills
Clean full driving licence
- Proven track record of shaping and delivering football participation programmes targeting disabled people
- Understanding of the political and functional workings of County Football Associations
- Knowledge of FA strategies
- An understanding of the challenges associated with running disability football clubs and leagues
- Track record of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
- The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.