About the job
Puratos has been developing innovative products for the bakery industry since 1919. The Group’s annual turnover now exceeds €2 billion worldwide. We turn technologies and experiences from food cultures around the world into new opportunities to help our customers be more successful. We strive to become our customers’ “reliable partners in innovation”.
Puratos UK has been designing, manufacturing and distributing ingredients for the bakery, confectionery and chocolate sectors for almost 40 years.
Based at our UK Innovation Centre in Fringford, Oxfordshire, we are currently seeking a:
New Product Development Baker
Reporting directly to the Innovation Manager, the successful candidate for this role will be responsible for supporting the Bakery Innovation needs of our customers across all Channels, including being proactive in finding solutions to customer problems before they arise.
The role is full time working Monday to Friday however the post holder will need to have a flexible approach with regards to working hours in line with business and customer needs. This can be discussed further at interview stage. The role also includes the requirement to travel up to 2 days per week to attend other sites including customer premises. A company car is therefore included within the benefits package and a full UK driving licence is required.
The base salary for this position is circa £33,000 – £37,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will be able to bake delicious and inspiring breads and pastries whilst having excellent knowledge and understanding of the food industry. In particular, you will be expected to provide insight and awareness of both local and global food cultures and trends. You will also have a solid technical understanding of the ingredients within the Puratos portfolio; understanding what, why and how to use them and being able to confidently and effectively communicate this to our customers. Alongside this, you will have a deep understanding of the markets in which we operate, both past and present, to ensure that we can shape the future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating a vision for the future of bakery products
- Imagining and creating innovative breads and pastries that move us towards that vision
- Sharing the passion for innovation with Puratos’ customers and teams
- Working closely with our customers and assisting and advising them on products and ingredients
- Staying ahead of the latest trends and market influences via a range of sources and methods
- Creating food safe and high quality products following recipes and relevant hygiene procedures
- Representing the business at external events
We are looking for a candidate who has the following skills and experience:
- Technical baking skills – A qualification in baking is desirable but not essential as long as you can demonstrate the ability to bake delicious and inspiring breads and pastries to food safe and industry quality standards
- Communication skills – An effective communication with a natural ability to connect with our customers and talk competently about our product range and vision
- Technology skills – A confident and savvy user of technology including Social Media
- Problem Solving skills – An ability to turn customer needs into concrete actions with the commitment to deliver solutions
In addition, the successful candidate will need to show the following behaviours:
- Curiosity – works with an inquisitive mind, seeking out new ideas and novel ways of working
- Resilience – stays positive and determined when working with challenges
- Empathy – shows a natural understanding and respect for other people and their needs
- Mindful Disruption – can professionally challenge conventions, traditions and opinions
- Humility – shares expert knowledge and experience in a humble yet effective manner
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages our people to be proactive and bring ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Puratos offers a competitive package (salary, company car, pension, healthcare, training…) and furthermore, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.