How Many Blogs Are There? [11 Interesting Stats]
If you have a website but you aren’t blogging, then you should start doing it right now. In the last ten years, blogging has become a money-making machine for bloggers and online business owners alike. It is one of the most powerful tools in the online marketing arsenal for promoting businesses and churning profits.
Here’s the scoop:
By posting reader-engaging and share-worthy content, you can attract your target audience and convert leads into customers. So, if you’re ready to roll in money, read on to learn everything about the blogging world.
Let’s start with how many blogs are there, shall we?
Fascinating Blogging Trends (Editor’s Choice)
- There are more than 600 million blogs.
- Currently, there are over 1.7 billion websites.
- Over 5,760,000 blogs are published daily.
- There are 31 million active bloggers in the US.
- 37% of bloggers make over $100/month, while 13% make at least 5 figures each year.
- There are 27 million fashion bloggers worldwide.
- Thre are 4.4 million mommy bloggers in the US.
- WordPress’s market share is about 35% of all websites.
- There are nearly 76.5 million blogs on WordPress, while 70 million new posts are created monthly.
Insights on Blogging
Here’s all you need to know about blogging:
1. There are a total of more than 600 million blogs.
Whoa! This figure for 2019 shows an increase of 95 million blogs in just a span of one year. Now that is what I call growth. This makes me wonder how many websites are there on the internet. Let’s find out!
2. Currently, there are over 1.7 billion websites.
(Internet Live Stats)
Out of this figure of active websites, close to a third are blogs. It clearly shows the power of blogging. With so many blogs and websites active online, the next question is how many new blogs are created every day by all these bloggers? Read on to get the answer.
3. Over 5,760,000 blogs are published daily.
(Internet Live Stats)
Do you know what 5.7 million blogs daily mean? This means that nearly 2 billion blogs are posted annually. That’s huge! Who’s doing all that? Take a look at the next section.
How Many Bloggers Are There?
4. There are 31 million active bloggers in the US.
These 31 million bloggers post at least once every month. This one post is top-notch in quality, reader-engaging, and optimized for search engines. In turn, this keeps the search engine spiders that rank content happy and compels readers to share and take the desired call to action. So, what percentage of bloggers make money and how much?
5. 37% of the bloggers make over $100/month, while 13% make at least 5 figures each year.
Wow! That’s good news for all those who are thinking of mainstream blogging in light of how many blogs are there. From the looks of it, if you want to become a professional blogger and make a living, then it’s definitely worth a shot. Here’s a clear breakdown of the actual situation:
- Worst case scenario: $0-100
- Average case scenario: $100-500
- Best case scenario: >500
Note that it takes time to make money from blogging – it doesn’t happen overnight. So, you need to blog consistently and patiently.
If you’ve decided to blog, here are the two industries that you can try your luck in.
6. There are 27 million fashion bloggers worldwide.
The fashion industry is one of the most popular blogging industries. And this figure proves it for sure. A new blog pops up every day because there’s so much you can do and talk on fashion. However, if this doesn’t excite you, then try tapping the mommy blogging industry. Read on to learn how many moms’ blogs are in the USA.
7. 4.4 million mommy bloggers exist in the US.
Mommy blogs are also quite popular. If you’re a mommy, you can try your luck here. Share your experience about motherhood through your blog and start making money. But if you have any other industry in mind, I’d say go ahead try it! There is plenty o room for everything on the Web.
What Percentage of Blogs Are WordPress?
8. WordPress’s market share is about 35% of all websites.
Based on the ongoing popularity of WordPress and the statistics found, I’d say place your dibs on it when you launch your blog. WordPress is the real deal, with over one-third of all websites powered by it on the internet. Take a look at the number of blogs on WordPress.
9. There are nearly 76.5 million blogs on WordPress, while 70 million new posts are created monthly.
These figures say it all about the power and popularity of WordPress. Some of the factors that make it popular among new and experienced bloggers alike are its user-friendly interface, clean layout, and affordability. Another great selling point of WordPress is its top-notch security. Read on to find out why I say this.
10. Approximately 30,000 websites are affected by malware sent by hackers.
(Big Drop Inc)
Yes, you got that right. Just like any other business, blogging also comes with a risk. Although there is no exact number available on how many blogs are hacked each year, this statistic shows that it’s pretty much obvious that the risk of your blog being hacked is nonetheless present. Hackers often hack popular blogs and then resell them at a higher price. But don’t worry, I got you covered. See the next statistic.
11. WordPress floats a new version every 2 to 3 months, protecting bloggers from hackers.
If you’re using WordPress theme for your blog, I recommend you to update a new WordPress version as soon as it is available to download.
Hopefully, the collection of statistics has given you a clear understanding of how many blogs are there, and how to get started. Keep this information in mind to start blogging. The good news is that the blogging industry is booming at a rapid pace, and now is the best chance to surf the waves and make money before the industry saturates.