18 Awesome Mobile Shopping Statistics to Get You Going in 2020
Increased smartphone dependency has been quite instrumental to mobile ecommerce, which includes online buying through the use of mobile devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
The thing is:
Since 2009, mobile web browsing has been exhibiting steady growth. However, it was not until 2016 that mobile web browsing overtook desktop web browsing for the first time.
With the rising popularity of smartphone use throughout the US, the trend of desktop web browsing has witnessed a sudden dip.
You are likely to believe this fact when you find out how many Americans own a smartphone – today, that figure is 96%!
With half of the internet traffic coming from a mobile device, it is absolutely crucial to ensure that your website is mobile-ready.
Here are some statistics on mobile shopping to give you an idea of the growing trend of mobile shopping trends.
Fascinating Mobile Shopping Stats (Editor’s Choice)
- In 2019, around 80% of users used a mobile device to search the internet.
- Almost 61% of customers use mobile devices along with physical shopping.
- 50% of websites use web design technologies that are compatible with all kinds of devices.
- Half of the users use their mobile phones to read reviews of their purchases.
- 3 out of 4 teens make regular online purchases.
- In 2019, mobile search ad spending in the US was estimated at $28.12 billion.
- Around 40% of online transactions are done using a mobile device.
- Around 55% of consumers bought something online after discovering them on social media.
- In 2019, mobile purchases and m-commerce sales broke records on Cyber Monday ($3.1 billion) and Black Friday ($2.9 billion).
Mobile Usage Stats
- By 2020, the number of smartphone users, globally, is speculated to hit 2.87 billion.
- 62% of global users use their mobile phones to access the internet.
- Around half of smartphone users check their mobile phones first thing in the morning.
- An average smartphone user uses their phone almost 4 hours per day.
- 71% of teens watch an average of 3 hours of videos online every day.
General Mobile Shopping Stats and Facts
The growing trend of m-commerce has compelled businesses to find out what percentage of Americans shop on mobile. Shopper statistics help entrepreneurs to make use of different web design technologies to make shopping on all types of devices easy.
So, here are the latest mobile shopping statistics and facts that everyone should know.
Mobile Shopping Revenue
1. According to MCommerce stats, by 2024, m-commerce value will rise at a 25.5% compound annual growth rate.
Keeping in view the upward mobile shopping growth, pundits estimate that by 2024, m-commerce volume is likely to hit $488 billion. Earlier, mobile shoppers were fewer in number because people would feel frustrated while checking out a valuable item on a small screen. Smartphones and tablets, however, have revolutionized mobile m-commerce and led to a remarkable mobile shopping growth.
2. Retail m-commerce sales in the United States in 2020 are likely to hit $338 billion.
Mobile commerce revenue statistics show that this year, the sector will generate truly mind-blowing sales. This will definitely make you think about what percentage of online shopping revenue is from mobile. To have a better understanding of one of the most important of our mobile commerce statistics, check out the next figure:
3. 10% of all retail sales is ecommerce.
Shopping through mobile devices is not only convenient but also time-saving. You can make a purchase in the middle of your workday without leaving your desk. As of now, ecommerce makes up one-tenth of all sales. Given the growing popularity of mobile devices, the number is likely to increase significantly in the foreseeable.
4. By 2021, revenue from mobile ecommerce sales is likely to hit $3.56 trillion.
Online shops will notice that a mobile-friendly site makes it 67% more likely for a customer to make a purchase online.
It’s a great way to increase mobile retail commerce revenue.
Mobile Shopping Statistics 2020
5. According to mobile shopping statistics, around 70% of mobile searches lead to action within 60 minutes.
If a user’s mobile experience is top-notch, they are more likely to buy what you have to offer. If you are looking for ways to increase your mobile commerce revenue, you must focus on making the website more mobile-friendly.
6. 67% of consumers admit to digital window shopping on their mobile phones.
An average smartphone user checks the smartphone an incredible 63 times per day or more. These interactions lead a user to check out different mobile commerce sites. So, the site that offers premium user experience leads a customer to digital window shopping.
In fact, it turns out digital window shopping can lead to impulse purchases and at least 77% of users who initially visited the site for digital window shopping admitted to making a purchase.
7. In 2019, mobile purchases and m-commerce sales broke records on Cyber Monday ($3.1 billion) and Black Friday ($2.9 billion).
The 2019 Black Friday witnessed a whopping $2.9 billion in mobile purchases. Gone are the days when consumers would line up in front of the malls to buy their favorite items at throw-away prices. The shopping trends are shifting, and now more purchases are being made through mobile.
8. 79% customers order via mobile.
Mobile devices are a convenient device that you can use almost anywhere. This ease of use is why people are using their smartphones or tablets to carry out important everyday tasks, including grocery shopping, etc. Nearly eight in ten customers making an online purchase use their mobile devices.
9. 61% of customers use mobile devices along with physical shopping.
There are a large number of consumers who cannot purchase an item unless they have inspected it physically. However, six in ten customers reveal they use mobile devices to compare the prices of the item in a brick-and-mortar shop. If the online prices are lower than what they can get in physical stores, they go with the cheaper option.
10. Holiday shopping on smartphones generated revenues of $84.5 billion, mobile shopping statistics reveal.
The horror stories of dads failing to reach the mall on time to get a holiday gift for their children are abundant. The shift of these customers to mobile commerce purchases has been phenomenal. In 2019, holiday shopping by smartphone garnered revenue of nearly $85 billion.
11. 85% of adults think a company’s website should be mobile-friendly.
Remember the time when users would zoom in on the images when viewing on their mobile devices? Well, that time is long gone. Nowadays, users simply go with a website that has responsive web design. This allows them to view the images on their devices without putting a strain on their eyes.
12. Mobile is expected to dominate online sales by 2021.
The main reason people make purchases via mobile is that they have the device with them all the time. Since people are often on the go, that’s quite understandable. The increasing mobile commerce trends indicate that by 2021, 54% of all online sales will be carried out via mobile.
13. The abandoned shopping cart rate is 68%.
It used to happen when you visited a physical store as well. More often than not, expensive price tags would make you leave a couple of products behind. And it should come as no surprise that it’s the same for online shopping via mobile as well. Experts believe that unexpected costs such as hidden fees or expensive shipping are the reason for a higher abandoned shopping cart rate which, at present, stands at 68%.
14. Augmented reality will account for $120 billion in sales.
The rise of augmented reality has been quite beneficial for consumers. One of the drawbacks of mobile shopping is the lack of opportunity for consumers to have a better look at the product. With augmented reality, however, consumers can spend significant time interacting with the product in the same way as they’d do at a physical store.
15. 55% of consumers have bought something after discovering it on social media.
The proper use of social media marketing could be extremely profitable for businesses. A majority of smartphone users spend time on different social networking sites. This is why it is important to invest in a social media advertising strategy to increase revenue.
Mobile Shopping App Stats
16. 61% of smartphone users are likely to buy from mobile sites and apps that customize information to their location.
It is extremely important for brands to be there for consumers at the time of their need. For example, if a customer is searching for the closest coffee shop, you must provide useful information. For that, you have to find out important questions, such as where the consumer is. Is he or she at home/office or on the street? What is the time right now? Is the restaurant open at this hour? Once you have made a better strategy to find answers to these questions, you, as a marketer, will be in a better position to provide relevant information to your consumer.
17. In 2018, the total sessions in shopping apps increased to 18 billion hours.
It is a known fact that people spend considerable time on their mobile phones, which leads them to check out different shopping apps. In 2018, people spent a whopping 18 billion hours on shopping apps – a massive jump of 45% from 2016. This just shows that shopping apps are hugely popular among mobile users.
18. 53% of smartphone and tablet owners will use shopping apps.
Mobile apps offer convenience and ease-of-use. The growing trend shows that many smartphone users will turn to company-specific shopping apps to buy items.
Once referred to as a luxury, mobile devices have slowly become our necessity. In a highly digitized world, mobile devices are crucial for completing everyday tasks.
And the dominance of smartphones in our lives could be inferred from the following fact:
There are 7.8 billion people on the plant and almost 4 billion people own mobile phones.
Almost 91% of adults keep their smartphones within their arm’s reach. For businesses that are looking for increasing their revenue, focusing on mobile strategies to increase their online sales via mobile is a must.